Oldsmar Public Library Bulletin Board/Public Literature Policy
The Oldsmar Public Library serves the information needs of the community by providing sources of information and assistance in locating information. In its role as a center for community information, the library provides space for various kinds of free literature from government and/or government affiliated agencies, educational institutions and library sponsors only.
- All materials must be approved for display by the Oldsmar Library Director or designee.
- All materials must meet what is generally known as "standards acceptable to the community" in language, appearance and content.
- The library reserves the right to designate specific places, i.e., bulletin boards, wall pockets, etc, where public notices/free materials must be placed. The library reserves the right to dispose of materials that have been posted if they are outdated or if space constraints make it necessary to do so.
- Public notices/free materials may be accessible by the general public and could be removed or altered by a member of the public. It is not the Library staff's responsibility to "guard" these materials or to keep track of quantities or availability of these materials.
- General interest announcements are posted for not more than thirty (30) days. Notices advertising dated activities are removed as soon as the event is over.