Oldsmar Public Library Reciprocal Borrowing Policy
The Oldsmar Public Library works to make the maximum number of resources available to our patrons. To this end the Library participates in a reciprocal borrowing program with other area libraries. The program is coordinated by the Tampa Bay Library Consortium (TBLC).
Users with a valid public library card in good standing from over 20 library systems, including Hillsborough County, Pasco County, New Port Richey, Sarasota County, Polk County, and Indian Rocks Beach, may check out items from the Oldsmar Library or utilize resources within the library.
More information and a full list of participating libraries can be found on the TBLC website.Oldsmar Library Patrons:
- Present your PPLC library card at the participating library from which you wish to borrow materials. You may be asked to also provide another form of ID.
- Follow the registration procedure required by that library. You may be issued a barcode from that library, which will be affixed to the back of your card, or the barcode of your PPLC card may be scanned into that library's database.
- Materials available for reciprocal borrowing will be at the discretion of the owning library
- Each participating library has its own rules concerning circulation periods, fines, requests and other services.
- Interlibrary Loan requests must be placed at your home library.
- Borrowers who abuse their privileges at one library will be disqualified from reciprocal borrowing privileges at all participating libraries.
- Present your library card from your home library at the Oldsmar Library circulation desk. You will be asked to also provide another from of ID.
- Complete the registration form. The barcode of your home library card will be scanned into the Oldsmar Library database.
- You must abide by the policies of Oldsmar Library and Pinellas Public Library Cooperative Library System. To learn about those policies, ask any staff person, or view them on this website.
The Oldsmar Public Library considers use of any of the reciprocal borrowing services to constitute acceptance of this Reciprocal Borrowing Policy.