Welcome to the Circulation Department
Information on this page is subject to change. Last updated
Please call the Circulation Department at 813/749-1173 with any questions or for clarification of any issues.
|Obtaining a library card||Card Policies|
|Checkout periods and limits||Renewals|
|Returns||Fines and fees|
Visit the Oldsmar Library and register! If you live in the unincorporated areas of Pinellas County, or in a Cooperative Member City, you are entitled to an Oldsmar Library Card.
If you live outside Pinellas County, please see our Reciprocal Borrowing Policy for more information.To register, you must provide the following:
- Identification, with your current local address, such as a current Florida Driver's License or Florida Identification Card
- A picture ID and any one of the following:
- Your current trim notice, or tax bill
- A current utility bill (includes cable television)
- A long-term lease on property within the Cooperative area
- A deed to property in the Cooperative area
- Vehicle registration or title - current year
- Voter's registration
- Other appropriate identification
- Cards issued for children under 14 require a parent / guardian signature
- Children 14 and older may present a school ID
- Cards issued to residents within the Cooperative area are valid for 5 years
- Your card is good at all Cooperative Libraries in Pinellas County.
Can I get a card if I am a part-time resident?
Temporary residents may apply for a free library card that can be used only at the Oldsmar Library. Please bring the above identification and a copy of your lease. Your card will be issued for the length of time stated in your lease.
Any person living in a non-PPLC participating community is eligible for a White PPLC card for a $100.00 fee.
- Please notify the library of lost library cards and phone or address changes
- You are responsible for all items on your library card
- Your library card is required at each checkout, and the card holder must be present for the card to be used.
|Item type||Limit||Checkout period|
|New books||6||14 days|
|Fiction books||none||28 days|
|Non-fiction books||none||28 days|
|Children's books||none||28 days|
|Sunshine State books||2
|Books on tape or CD||12||28 days|
|Entertainment videos||16||7 days|
|Educational videos||none||14 days|
3 Renewal Limit on most items
1 DVD Renewal
Phone renewals are available at 813-749-1173, please have your library card number available
You can also renew your materials online through our catalog
Renewals are not allowed if others are on the waiting list for the item
All library materials may be returned to any PPLC library.
There are outside book and video/audio drops for your convenience after hours.
$.20 a day up to $5.00 for books, magazines, audiobooks, music CDs
$.50 a day up to $5.00 for DVDs
Borrowing privileges are suspended if you accumulate $10.00 in fines/fees
Unpaid fines/non-returned materials
Non-returned items will be marked lost 30 days past the due date.
A bill will be sent for the replacement cost plus a $5 processing fee.
Accounts owing in excess of $25 will be sent to Unique Management Services for collection after 60 days.